Thursday, December 18, 2014

December in Mesa

Here are highlights from Sam's letter this week. :) Sorry it took me a few days to post it!

The [baptism and confirmation] were good! President and Sister Jenkins showed up for the baptism too. The whole thing went pretty well. Then for the confirmation, I did it, and it was nice. It's nice being a part of those sacred experiences. I did get to play violin for the baptism as well. And Elder Osthed and I shared "He Is The Gift" while A. got changed, and it was probably the most unified lesson we've ever taught. Yay!

[The Mesa Temple Christmas lights] were incredible! I went for the first time on Wednesday night, and even though there were over a thousand people there bustling about, there was just... peace. Such peace. I wanted to stay forever. And the lights were just amazing!!! Soooo many!!!! Really, it was an amazing experience. We get to go a couple more times with other people, too! Yay!!! :D

A cool member missionary experience...
One of our members absolutely loves us. As such, he goes out with us essentially every night. One day his neighbor asked to borrow his lawnmower, and he said she could use it in exchange for a lesson with us. She agreed to it, and eventually we got our lesson. Then another one. And we've been doing service for her every week. And now she has a baptismal date for January 31! The member was scared to talk with her, but he did and look at the result. He's our best member missionary! :D

We just have one or two places to go right now for Christmas. I'm sure that things will line up as it gets closer. I'm playing violin in our Christmas sacrament meeting next week, and again for a Christmas Village walk, and again for Christmas Day with the Mesa Missionary Choir. It's fun to play!

I love you all!
Love,

Elder Stowell

1 comment:

  1. I love Sam's letters, and I love the thought (reply)provoking questions you think to ask him. He is so quick to go to work in some way to improve the things that aren't perfect!

    ReplyDelete