Monday, December 22, 2014

Merry Christmas

I just wanted to share my testimony of Jesus Christ with you as my Christmas Gift. I've shared this with my friends, so I figured I should send it to my own mother too. :) I know that Jesus Christ is our Savior and Redeemer. He is the Son of God, and you are a beloved Daughter of God. I know that our Father in Heaven loves you so, so much, and knows you personally, and because He loves you so much He allowed his Son to suffer and die in the Atonement so that you could be cleansed from your sins and mistakes IF you follow Jesus Christ's teachings. I know that God has given us a modern-day prophet as He did in times of old. That is President Thomas S. Monson, who holds the sacred authority to guide the restored Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints as God's mouthpiece on the earth today. I also testify that the Book of Mormon is, in conjunction to the Bible, God's word to us in these days to help guide us and give us knowledge of His plan for each of us in this life, and that if we read and pray about its message we can know for ourselves the truth of God's restored gospel. Finally, I testify that if we do His will in this life and follow His teachings, we will have eternal life with our Father in Heaven. My invitation to you is to read from the Book of Mormon, pray to God in Jesus Christ's name to ask Him if the message it contains is true, and ask if He loves you. I promise you He always answers prayers, even though it may not be on our timeline or in the way we expect.
Merry Christmas to you! :D
Love,
Elder Stowell

No comments:

Post a Comment