Monday, December 29, 2014

Out With the Old - Final E-mail of 2014


It was great to Skype with Sam on Christmas day. He's doing really well. I'll admit I teared up a couple of times, but overall the feeling was very positive and happy. The allotted 40 minutes was enough time to say what needed to be said without feeling rushed. It was my favorite part of Christmas! :) 

Here are his answers to a few of my questions in this week's letter:

How was the rest of your Christmas? What are your plans for New Year's Eve?
It was great! We ate food, and got more presents from members, and had fun. Then for New Year's Eve, we're going out and teaching still. Then on New Year's Day we have a mission party.

How was singing/playing at the visitor's center?
It was super cool and fun! All 250 of us singing at the same time. It was just really fun to sing with everyone. Then the violin playing went pretty well. Everyone said it was good.

What was your best experience this past week?
Probably this morning's personal study. I read my patriarchal blessing and it was really good to get a boost again. I felt like myself again! :D Hopefully I can keep it up! And also met with a less-active man again who said that the personality combination of Elder Moschetti, myself and Elder Osthed drew him out of his shell. He laid out the next steps he needs to take, and his ultimate goal is to return to the temple and marry a righteous woman there. Sweet! It's nice to see the influence you have on others sometimes.

Your worst?
Being so darn depressed with my weaknesses and mistakes! But I'm working on it. We created a plan to help. 1. Smile. 2. Faith: belief, action, power = confidence. 3. Think HAPPY thoughts! 4. Pray always.

What great lessons have you learned?
Cookies bring miracles. And you feel better about yourself when you work hard.

Love you!
Love,

Elder Stowell

No comments:

Post a Comment