Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Thanksgiving Week

I had a wonderful Thanksgiving. We had 4 dinners, 3 at members' houses and one with an investigator. Turkey bowl is INTENSE here. We get there, and some of the men are putting on their cleats. This ward is pretty athletic. It was flag football, and enough people showed up for 4 teams with about 8-10 people on each. People went hard. But it was super fun, and I got the most physical exercise I have gotten on my mission so far. I was sore the next couple of days though.

*Are you or your companion getting transferred? If so, where?
Nope! We're both staying! That means I'll hit my 6 month mark here! :)

*How are things going? Any promising investigators? Are you and your companion still teaching up a storm?
The work is good. We usually have a lesson or two every night, and we're still leading the zone in lessons (which isn't hard or good. Our zone is struggling right now. We have the lowest numbers zone in the mission.) A. is getting baptized on the 13th! I'm so glad that I get to be here for that. We don't have many others that we're consistently teaching right now that are progressing, but there are a couple here and there that we get a lesson with and they've gone well.

*What was your best experience this week?
Being a part of a particular blessing [where I really realized] the power of the priesthood. Never before have I seen a blessing of healing work so immediately. It was incredible, and I have new respect for the power which I hold. 

*Your worst?
Being in a particular lesson [where the man only wanted to argue] and the Spirit was simply gone. It was the worst feeling I've had in a long time. At the end of the lesson, I just felt empty and hopeless. ...It's hard to imagine what life must be like for those who do not have the gift of the Holy Ghost. Live your life worthy of its presence, because the alternative is what hell feels like.


I love you all! 

Love, 
Elder Stowell

No comments:

Post a Comment